Arts, Media & Entertainment
Is This Pathway right for you?
Those with a passion for music, painting, drawing, dancing or performing can tap into the opportunities in the Arts, Media and Entertainment industry. This exciting Pathway offers careers in front of or behind the scenes. In addition, companies need multimedia production and graphic designers to create websites and game designers and programmers to keep gamers playing. Arts, Media and Entertainment are big business throughout California and the world.
Explore this pathway:
Is a career in Arts, Media & Entertainment right for you?
• Are you creative and do you enjoy project-based assignments?
• Do you like to perform, paint, write and/or sculpt?
• Are you self-reliant and inventive?
3 Main Points
1. The Arts and Media Sector promotes teamwork, communication, creative thinking, and decision-making abilities.
2. Those choosing a pathway from this sector reach out in unique ways to enhance the quality of life for those around them.
3. Careers in the Arts, Media, and Entertainment sector fall into four general pathways:
• Design, Visual, and Media Arts
• Performing Arts
• Production and Managerial Arts
• Game Design and Integration
• Artistic Imagination
• Technical Skill and Relating Well to Others
• Ability to Make Symbolic Connections
Arts Media & Communication
Of all the career industries, the Arts, Media, and Entertainment sector requires perhaps the greatest cross-disciplinary interaction because the work in this sector has a propensity to be largely project based, requiring both independent work and interdependent management skills for career success.NEXT UP: Good To Know TAKE ACTION
The mission of the California Career Resource Network is to provide all persons in California with career development information and resources to enable them to reach their career goals.More Info
This site includes Information on California high school and community college courses, career options, and financial assistance. It will help you make decisions about the right courses to take in high school and community college so that you have the opportunity to turn that passion of yours into a great job and a great future.More Info
CaliforniaColleges.edu is the one-stop website for information about higher education in California for students, counselors, and parents. It has been developed in collaboration with the New WindowCalifornia State University (CSU), New WindowUniversity of California (UC), New WindowCalifornia Community Colleges (CCC), New WindowAssociation of Independent California Colleges and Universities (A I C C U), and the New WindowCalifornia Department of EducationMore Info
The Employment Development Department provides a range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations through the America’s Job Center of California (AJCC).More Info
Advancing California through the arts and creativity.More Info
The mission of California Alliance for Arts Education is to promote, support, and advocate for visual and performing arts education for preschool through post-secondary students in California schools.More Info