Hospitality, Tourism & Recreation
Is This Pathway right for you?
California is a top destination for people from around the globe. They come to visit the state’s mountains and beaches, wine country, and unique entertainment destinations. Consequently, there are many and varied career opportunities in this sector. From chef or concierge, tour guide or park ranger, travel agent or museum director this industry offers job opportunities with a passion for food, travel, sports, or nutrition.
Explore this pathway:
Is a career in Hospitality, Tourism & Recreation right for you?
• Certificate and Associate Degrees available in Retail, Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation Management offer immediate employment opportunities and are transferable to CSU Hospitality/Restaurant Management Bachelor degree programs.
• Swift upward mobility channels and clear pathways for career advancement.
• Unique travel options and industry discounts.
• Flexible scheduling of part time employment opportunities in Retail, Hospitality, & Tourism provides “earn while you learn” opportunities i.e., gain valuable work experience while going to school.
• High energy work environments that help you build your people skills and professional relationships.
• Opportunities to put your personal stamp on a rapidly changing industry.
3 Main Points
1. The large number and variety of jobs with flexible schedules and rapid advancement opportunities.
2. Career mobility and portability of skills in jobs that can’t be outsourced/off-shored.
3. Live and work in the country and the world’s most exciting locations.
• Critical Thinking
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Communication Skills
• Customer Service
• Work Ethic
Careers in Hospitality: Service & Adventure
Discover the rewarding career opportunities of the hospitality industry! Get the inside scoop about jobs in hotel and restaurant management in this clip from "Careers in Hospitality: Service & Adventure."NEXT UP: Good To Know TAKE ACTION
Serving the education needs of retail, hospitality, & tourism industries, this site provides business solutions, college services, links to student programs, and more.More Info
Retail Management Certificate
“A Career in Retail Management Starts Here.” Retail is a growing, fast-paced, and diverse industry with many opportunities for advancement. Careers are available in all areas of business and with over 42 million people employed, and responsible for 1 in 4 jobs in the United States, Retail is a great place to be.More Info